Sheff

Sheff
Sheff

Monday, June 26, 2006

Mr J. or Jay

The least you can do when you promise to love someone forever is to write a blog about them, so here goes. Day two in San Francisco started out very early. We went to Golden Gate Park and visited the Japanese Tea Garden, walked through Haight Asbury ( Dad & Sis old stomping grounds), went Fishermans Warf (clam chowder in sourdough bowls), and then more shopping before taking the train back to Atherton.
It was while shopping that I ran into Mr. J. or Jay Allen (not sure which). Mr. Allen asked me if I liked the bracelet that he was trying on. I said yes and suggested that he buy said bracelet. He told me that he detected a slight accent and asked if I was originally from Texas. I told him no and that I in fact held Texas personally responsible for the current fiasco that was our government. He laughed and said that he liked my politics. He proceeded to place a bracelet that matched his on my wrist and purchase it for me if I promised to love him forever. I should mention that Mr. Allen was not some young stud but a very nice, very gay, older man with a hint of cocktails on his breath. I thanked him with a hug for the gift. He then proceeded to assure me that this was not a pick up but he wanted to take me shopping at Nordies. This is the point where things got a little weird and wonderful, but with my sister in tow off to Nordies, we went.
Mr. Allen really liked my taste in fashion and it became increasingly clear that if I was the type to take advantage, I could take advantage. It was hard to say no especially when he and I both went crazy over a DKNY dress that they were just then putting in the window. It had the greatest pair of boots, (black, platform soles, spike heels), with the dress. Heavy sighs rang from us both. This inspired us to run to the shoe department. My sister was getting suspicious of Mr. Allen and she thought he was either a pervert or a serial killer. While in shoes, we were greeted by two Nordstrom managers who were very familiar with Mr. Allen. Apparently, he is a good and frequent customer. I tried on another great pair of shoes. Platform sandals with an ankle strap, very 1940s. They were on sale for $90. Mr. Allen was insistent but my sister was too. Through clenched teeth she said, You are not letting that man buy you shoes. I could see it if we were having drinks and he was an asshole. The logic fails me. It seemed that she was saying if he were a jerk, Id have her permission to roll the poor fellow, but since he was a nice man who genuinely liked me, I could not accept his gifts. I declined the shoes saying that I would have difficulty walking in them (big lie, I would have walked through fire for and in those shoes and looked great doing so). Sweet fellow that he was he picked out a pair with a lower heel. I said no again and claimed that if we didnt stop shopping my sister and I would miss our train. And so ended my shopping trip with Mr. J. or Jay Allen.
Mr. Allen I had a blast. The world needs more people like you, generous and kind. I get many complements on the bracelet and it reminds me that sometimes-complete strangers can connect. Be well and thank you for the lovely memory.
Love and Kisses,
Sheff

No comments:

Post a Comment