Sheff

Sheff
Sheff

Monday, June 26, 2006

Calif Day 2 June 7

We got up early and walked over to Petes Coffee. Petes is the hangout for my Dad and his friends. While I was being introduced, some of the guys thought my Dad was being funny. They knew my sister. Hell they watched her grow up. It was amusing. They are an interesting group of guys and I enjoyed talking with them and answering their questions. We proceeded to some gourmet grocery store to buy supplies for our trip to Napa Valley. We had quite a spread including artichokes, tabouli, olives, sourdough bread, various dips, and cheeses.
I loved the drive to Napa. Im a green kind of gal so Im into the flora and fauna, which my pictures will attest to. We visited three wineries, Domaine Chandon, Cakebread and Silver Oak. If you visit any more than three you arent really tasting but getting drunk in Napa. We tried to show some class. My sister was in fact buying wine and shipping it home. She actually knows something about wine. Me, Im trying to improve my taste level and get away from the two buck Chuck. Well, not too far away I do have a repetition to protect. Anyway, in between wineries, we grabbed a bottle of Swanson merlot and stopped by a park in Yountsville for lunch. It was a beautiful day and a picnic under California redwoods was awesome.
After Silver Oak, we drove on to Dixon, which is referred to as lamb town because this is farm country. We spent the night in my Dads house that is under destruction/construction/renovation. My fathers rate of progress is of great concern to my sister. Given that, the other house is being bulldozed in the next few months her concerns are valid. My sister and step mom are going to ride Dad like a dime store pony until that kitchen is finished. Poor bastard. Id gladly help but I dont exactly live in the neighborhood. Dont go thinking thats and empty offer coming from a woman. This woman owns her own tile saw and Im pretty handy. (Why I am suddenly concerned that the last statement makes me sound butch, Im not. Im really very much a girly, girl. I just happen to be very capable. Which is I think the kiss of death as far as most men are concerned. Fuck, is that my problem? What do my readers think?) See I bought an old house, a foreclosure in need of many repairs, so Ive been there done that with the home improvement. (Im handy out of necessity. Dont need a man I just need the right tools. Shit, that doesnt sound right either. Look, Im all about the penis. What? I just keep digging a deeper hole dont I? Damn, I give Up!)
We visited the neighbors and had dinner in downtown Dixon (see picture of non-existent kitchen to understand why). The next morning Dad dropped us off in San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment